Wednesday, December 8, 2010

a news brief, of sorts.

Musicheads, long prisoners to the spaces between their earbuds, now have a place to find one another.

Sady Doyle strikes again. This lady regularly geeks out about nerdstuff I've never read or seen, and then I read or see it with my little feminist-colored glasses on. And then I realize  I should be wearing those things more often when I read my own nerdstuff.

Been thinking a lot about this article today. Mr. President, how long does one continue to trust a man who's behaving questionably? I want to trust that man -- he's certainly the best leader we've seen in decades. I start to justify, justify, justify.... and then, you know that rash I tend to get, the really nasty one -- the one that's so irritated by tax cuts for the rich? Well it just starts to flare up and I can't concentrate anymore! The single most-fucked-up thing: the rich just keep getting richer, and you know the rest, no matter what happens. MY DISPARITY* RASH ITCHES.


*game: replace the epidemiological descriptor with your favorite buzzword! try these: privilege, injustice, first-world superpower, international development, corporate conglomerate, tea party, free market capitalist, evolution-denying, bipartisan, terrorist, prison industrial complex...

No comments:

Post a Comment