Monday, October 18, 2010

Makin' it on Monday

Just barely. Bric-a-brac that's keeping me awake during my lunch break:

Mavens on mopeds.

The Achuar Eco-lodge, apparently the friendliest ecotourism in the world: people-friendly, earth-friendly, experience-friendly, spirit-friendly.

Voodoo Doughnut has a blog.

A new book about Jimi. Read the NYTimes.com review here.

I'm pretty sure this article exemplifies what I want to do with my life. Sociology, race, poverty, new directions for old ideas and new ideas in new times and WOW I just get so excited when I think about the possibilities that are open when you have the right tools in your toolbox. The making-a-difference tools that I want are:
1) skills and knowledge for teaching and interviewing and assessing data in a way that matters, and
2) a big fat PhD so people might listen to my ideas.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment